The height of the temperature depends very much on the amount of oxygen and other conditions such as wind, humidity, coal type and the outside temperature. A few tips to raise the temperature considerably:
- Use good dry coals, and fill the firebox/coal basket completely
- Make sure the air shaft in the base is free of ash for the oxygen supply
- Open the airshaft completely
- Slide the top cap completely as well.
- You can also completely remove the top cap from your Grizzly. Once your Bastard reaches the desired temperature, put it back on to maintain temperature control.
Note: Try not to let the temperature rise too quickly. After all, the ceramic needs to get used to the heat a bit, especially in the cold winter. It would be a shame if the ceramic snaps or cracks!