If you are going to replace the Gasket, it is helpful to do so after you have used the Kamado several times.
In this way you replace the Infinity Gasket.
- Remove the old gasket (be careful not to damage the ceramic)
- Remove old glue residue by cutting with a putty knife (carefully!) and sandpaper with coarse grit (P120 / P140)
- Clean the edges with acetone to make them grease-free.
- Gasket with end strip (wrapped part to cover the two end pieces) to the back of the kamado.
- Attach gasket (make sure there is not too much tension on it).
- Attach gasket to size to the end strip and wrap it around the last piece of gasket.
- Allow the adhesive to cure for 48 hours with the lid closed.